Garlic is a classic flavor, when it comes to easy steak marinades, and actually, garlic goes with most meat, poultry, and fish dishes. The garlic in the following recipe is combined with thyme for an herby taste, red wine for a bold flavor, olive oil and some salt and pepper. This might sound very basic but you will be amazing just how much flavor this easy steak marinades gives to your meat. For a juicy finish and a simple yet undeniably wonderful result, try this deliciously simple garlic and thyme ribeye steak marinade.
Steak marinade recipes do not have to be difficult and you can even get great results from a 3-ingredient steak marinade. It is a myth that the best steak marinades contain a lot of different ingredients because keeping the flavors simple always works best and every flavor you add will shine through, complementing your meat perfectly.
Simple Garlic and Thyme Ribeye Steak Marinade
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup red wine
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Smash and coarsely, chop the garlic cloves.
- Combine the garlic, oil, red wine, and thyme in a bowl, add the steaks and turn to coat. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning the steaks occasionally.
- Heat the grill to medium high and oil the grates lightly.
- Remove the steak from the steak marinade and let the excess drip off. Discard the marinade.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper, cut each one in half, and grill them, covered, until they are done.
- Allow 12 to 16 minutes for medium rare.