Highlighted Deal of the Week: Fruit!
Knowing that many people try to eat healthy this time of the year, why not add a fruit platter to the goodies you will snack on during the NFL playoff games this weekend?
Research shows that only 14% of Americans eat the required five daily servings of fruits and vegetables each day. The fruits below are not only a great deal this week, they provide great benefits for your body. Check it out:
Not only is this price INCREDIBLE, blackberries are an incredibly nutritious food. They are packed with antioxidants and are high in fiber, manganese, vitamins C, A, E and K. Reported health benefits include cancer prevention, lower risk of heart disease and hypertension, improved memory and eyesight, a reduced risk for intestinal disorders, and a reduced risk of developing diabetes. What a super food!!
Apples are high in fiber and flavonoid antioxidants which lower cholesterol and your risk of heart disease, stroke and cancer.
Did you know that ounce for ounce, kiwis have more than twice as much vitamin C as oranges? They may also lower your risk for cataracts.
One orange contains nearly a full day’s worth of vitamin C. The scent of fresh oranges has also been shown to help people relax and de-stress!
Grapefruits are high in vitamin C, lycopene and other antioxidants. Eating grapefruit can help lower your cholesterol, prevent kidney stones and protect against colon cancer.
High in a variety of vitamins and minerals, pears are good for your overall health and can help strengthen your immune system.
Here are the other great deals this week:
- Atlantic Salmon Fillets – $5.99/lb
- Broccoli (Fresh) – $0.59/lb
- Canned Tomatoes(Store Brand, 15.5 oz) – $0.57/ea
- Canned Vegetables(Libby, 15 oz) – $0.59/ea
- Cherry Tomatoes (20 oz carton) – $2.00/ea
- Chicken (Boneless, skinless breasts) – $1.79/lb
- Chicken (Foster Farm’s Fresh Whole)– $0.77/lb
- Carrots (Loose) – $0.33/lb
- Downy Liquid Fabric Softener (64 oz) – $1.99/ea
- Haas Avocado – $0.20/ea
- Iceberg Lettuce – $0.35/ea
- Milk (Viva One Gallon) – $2.59/ea
- Onion (Yellow) – $0.25/lb
- Pepsi, 7Up or Fanta Soda (2 liter) – $0.89/ea
- Pork (Boneless loin chops or roast) – $1.99/lb
- Potatoes (Red) – $0.33/lb
- Tilapia Fillet – $1.99/lb
- Turkey Breast(Foster Farms Smoked or Roasted, Sliced in the Deli) – $1.99/lb